Quartz Glass Tube
Quartz glass tube is special industrial technology glass made from silicon dioxide and is one kind of excellent basal material. Quartz glass has series of excellent physical and chemical capability:
- Heat resisting - The melting point of quartz crystal is 1730 degree, while quartz glass can be used long time under 1100 degree. And the highest using temperature can get to 1450 degree in very short time.
- Corrosion resisting - Quartz glass will not react with any acid material except hydrofluoric acid. Its acid resisting ability is 30 times of the ceramic, and 150 times of the stainless steel. Especially for its chemical stability under high temperature is much better than any other engineering materials.
- Heat stability is better - The coefficient of thermal expansion of quartz glass is very small. It can bear exquisite changing of temperature. Heat up quartz glass to 1100 degree, then put into normal temperature water and it will not be broken.
- Capability of pervious to light is better - Quartz glass has better pervious capability in the whole spectral wave band from ultraviolet radiation to infrared. The penetrate rate of visible light is up to 93%, especially in the area of ultraviolet radiation the largest rate is more than 80%.
- Insulated capability of electricity is better - The resistance value of quartz glass is 10 thousand times of common glass.
Because of having above excellent physical and chemical capabilities, the quartz glass be widely used in electric lamp-house, semiconductor, light communication, metallurgy, building material, chemical, machinery, electricity power, environmental protection and so on.
We can offer too, opaque quartz tubes.